Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My first recipe to share...

I like cooking veggies, so I hope you will like this one. This is a healthy,  quick and easy recipe that I've concocted. I like to eat at chinese restaurants, especially at "Diamond Palace". I love their chinese broccolli dish. I always order it all the time. Well with the economy lately, we can't always eat out like we use to. So I've figured out how I can make this particular dish at home. I can't say it's exactly the restaurant quality, but chinese broccoli you can't go wrong with. So I share this wonderful concoction to you:
You're probably asking where to buy this particular vegetable. Because you can't find chinese broccoli at a regular american grocery store. You have to go to an asian grocery store, like the Ranch 99 Market. If your californian, the store is everywhere. While your at the asian store, might as well buy peeled garlic, roma tomatoes, oyster sauce or vegetarian mushroom sauce.

Instructions:


  • 1 tblsp of Olive Oil
  •  4 garlic cloves chopped or diced garlic
  •  a bunch of chinese broccoli (another name at the store, GAYLAN)
*it's up to you to chop or not. As long as you cut off the ends
  •  1 tomatoe chopped
  • 3 tblsp of sauce (oyster sauch or mushroom sauce)


Sautee the prepared tomatoes and garlic with olive oil. Once sauteed, add Gaylan or chinese broccoli to the pan. Stir constantly. Add sauce, stir again. Put a little bit of water. Then cover for 5 minutes. You don't want it to over cook, unless you like soggy. You can keep uncovering to check how the color of the vegetable looks like. If it's getting dark that means it's over cooked. Take it off the heat. And enjoy with rice.

Optional: with (soft to medium) Tofu. Make sure to chop the tofu in cubes. Add the tofu after the 5 minutes simmer, then simmer again with tofu. Cover for less than 5 minutes.  Until tofu heats up.

Note: Time may differ with you. Just keep your eyes on your pot! ENJOY. Let me know if you ever try it! Send me a message.

No comments: