Saturday, April 24, 2010

Introducing, my new TAG name, "ARTISAN-ISM"

The story, or I should say, explanation behind my new TAG name is this. Bear with me. So everyday at 11 o'clock in the morning I put my son, Titus, on his high chair for a nap. If you're curious on how that looks like visit one of my article that featured how he takes his nap. Anyway, while I rock him to sleep I sit down and read my Bible. And for awhile now it has been on the book of Exodus. It's quite a long book. And I don't expect to finish it anytime soon. I do enjoy reading while I'm in the kitchen and until Titus falls asleep. So moving on, I come across the term "artisan". In Chapters 26-32 writes how God laid out what the Israelite were to do skillfully. He inspired these people to become artisans to make His tabernacle. They were given specific instructions. As I read this, my heart smiled to the message that skillful workmanship/craftmanship/artisan is a God given talent. The word "Artisan" now has a meaning to me, at least for me.

When I learned more about Etsy sellers who calls themselves Artisans, I never imagined using that term to describe me until I came across those passages. So now as I write on my blog articles that has to do with what I create, or creative ideas I want to share I save it under "ARTISAN-ism". It's a term that means to me a practice of my God inspired and God given talent of craftmanship/workmanship.

I hope this has inspired you as much as it did for me. I'm sure you have you're own God given talent too. I hope you use it and make sure you share it. Through it, He is magnified. People who looks at your work will be blessed by it.

No comments: